Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Suzuki Samurai!!


When I was a kid I remember my father buying his Suzuki Samurai. It was the coolest car EVER because he got to drive it out of the show room and down about twenty or thirty steps to the parking lot! I remember at the age of 8 sitting the driver’s seat killing it twenty times before I finally got the clutch to work and speeding off down the road. I remember my dad attempting to drive it up our Crazy driveway in 2-3 feet of snow and having it sideways, backwards, spinning, and everything else before Finally making it to the top. And sadly, I remember the day I gave him the O.K. to sell it as I would not have my driver’s license for a long time and might not want it as my first car. What a mistake! I have wanted one since and have never had an opportunity to purchase one. Except the opportunity did arrive in October of 2012 when I was informed that my DAD’s Suzuki was being put up for sale. Not only did I buy it, but everything worked out so that the day I purchased my father’s Suzuki back was on, what would have been, his birthday. It definitely is Not perfect: a horrid orange color now, barely runs, parts to replace, and it is nowhere near passing smog. But it was my dad’s and now it is mine as it should have been. Not to mention this is the first vehicle I have ever purchased on my own! Two birds with one stone! I am sure I will update this often as work goes into it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment