Friday, February 21, 2014

Fostering Puppies!

I must admit that fostering is not new to me...when it comes to kittens. I have literally seen hundreds of kittens come through the front door and then out that door to their new loving families. I also will admit that I have helped foster dogs - grown dogs - but only two and my mom kept one. I have never before fostered actual PUPPIES...until Now.

A week ago we received an email about 8 - 4 week old puppies being dropped off at the shelter without their mother! (Luckily they took to dry food). So we agreed to take three and foster them. I can't lie - their not being potty-trained is quite frustrating...but they are so darn cute that I can't really stay mad at them.

When we first got them they were sleepy all the time, shy - literally they ate, slept, and pooped. Now, a week later, they are running around non-stop, playing with each other and playing with my dog (Kiko), attacking my rugs constantly (apparently the bad guy in my house), playing tug-of-war, and supplying me with lots of laughs and "ahhhs" and .. well... yeah.

I have learned that I am not puppy-material. Luckily the madness will only last til a different humane society takes them. However, I will be sad to see them go as they really are adorable and fun. A good experience in my book!





No comments:

Post a Comment